Start Learning Thai in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Waiting for intemediate and advanced lessons

daffydus
New in Town

Waiting for intemediate and advanced lessons

Postby daffydus » July 5th, 2010 3:13 pm

Thanks for starting up with Thaipod101, I've had very good experiences with Japanesepod101 so my hopes are very high for this course. I'm a little disappointed to see that there are no lessons available at intermediate and advanced level on the day of opening this site. Please hurry up!

pepsi
New in Town

yeah, same here

Postby pepsi » July 13th, 2010 12:15 am

Because I use jpod101 my expectations are quite high as well.
So I hope you can catch up soon to fill in more lessons and offer more features like on how to learn the alphabet, give cultural insights etc.

Get 40% OFF
mrkims3839
New in Town

To every one here

Postby mrkims3839 » July 14th, 2010 1:10 pm

Hello. I'm a Thai person who visit this Thai language teaching website. If you want to know something from me, you can leave me message here or on youtube. My youtube username is kimslandthegreat.

rogerandjern5132
New in Town

7 day trial

Postby rogerandjern5132 » July 17th, 2010 1:32 am

Hi there,
Of course it's tough to start up a new venture - but I'm on the 7 day trial, there is virtually nothing useful for me as an intermediate learner and quite a lot of the site is a bit cranky still - you should really get it all up and running properly before promoting the products.
Disappointed...for now! :?

Kmiachin
New in Town

what a disappointment...

Postby Kmiachin » September 6th, 2010 7:30 pm

it's already september, and judging by previous posts nothing has changed... a am very disappointed, really useless for anyone who knows already how to say hello, how are you in thai, I was really hoping for some useful lessons... now signed up for a month, if nothing changes will cancel my subscription for sure, how can you sell such product???

ryanjzander
New in Town

Postby ryanjzander » September 8th, 2010 1:13 pm

I'm sorry that we haven't been able to produce intermediate level lessons yet. I will let the management know that there is a strong demand for intermediate lessons and see if we can make them a higher priority. In the meantime, I think you will find challenging material in the Advanced Audio Blogs and the Videos. But even in the Absolute Beginner lessons we will end up covering quite a bit of material. I promise it's not all just "Hi, how are you?" If you listen, you'll probably find that there is something new you can learn from each lesson.

Thanks for your feedback,
Ryan

serenityflows717779
New in Town

Postby serenityflows717779 » September 21st, 2010 12:08 pm

Just thought I'd add my two cents. I had my 7-day trial, downloaded the 8 advanced lessons that were available then, and I thought they were pretty good - but given that everything else is too basic for my level, and the new advanced lessons are coming on at a fairly slow pace, I don't really feel it makes sense for me to sign up for a membership until more content has been produced. Having said that, I did really like the quality and style of the lessons that are there. I've been looking around for something like the advanced 'blog' lessons and couldn't find any, so this is great. Will be keeping an eye on this place and probably signing up at a later stage. :)

pepsi
New in Town

still waiting...

Postby pepsi » January 23rd, 2011 12:47 am

Well, u tricked me into being a founding father and half a year later after my last post there is still no Beginner and Intermediate section.
That's pretty disappointing :cry:

lynchlaw5777
New in Town

Intermediate Lessons

Postby lynchlaw5777 » January 28th, 2011 8:38 pm

How about starting intermediate lessons ASAP. The existing lessons are largely too basic.The Advanced Audio blogs are very easy for you to do - reading from a travelogue but not targeted to learning needs. Also how about stopping the repetitive boring bits to lessons. We all know chok dee means good luck in Thai and we knew that before we heard it a thousand times on your lessons. The same goes with hello, how are you, etc. The trivial banter also does not help and is a time waister. On the positive side the vocab (but get rid of that "next"') explanations of the dialog and grammar are great. The Thai pronunciation of the girls is great but Ryan's is not helpful.
Joe Lynch

fugu68
New in Town

Re: Intermediate Lessons

Postby fugu68 » January 31st, 2011 4:54 pm

lynchlaw5777 wrote:How about starting intermediate lessons ASAP. The existing lessons are largely too basic.... The trivial banter also does not help and is a time waister.

I wouldn't say the existing lessons are too basic for everyone. I guess there are a lot of beginners out there too. :D
I'm also hoping for some intermediate lessons though - and I'm sure you'd get a lot more paid up subscriptions if the content was in place!

I disagree about the trivial banter: I think it makes Innovative Language Learning approach more fun and stand out from the crowd. There are plenty of traditional languages out there (Linguaphone, FSI and the rest), and it's nice to have something more up-to-date.

But yes - some intermediate content PLEASE for 2011!!

wilsonkwan
New in Town

No Lessons for Advanced Level

Postby wilsonkwan » June 29th, 2011 4:15 pm

I'm a Premium Member of Thaipod101 and Japanesepod101. It's been a long time that I have not studied Advanced Thai for months although I've paid up for a 2-year contract.

May I know when will you resume the lessons or should I claim for a refund due to lacking of appropriate studying materials? I'm not sure if I will continue to subscribe to it as there are no appropriate lessons for me; not even having Intermediate Level for the learners.

I think Japanesepod101 is very successful because they are more responsive and they provide a full range of levels for the learners to choose from. Even if the subscribers have queries with the lessons, they can answer them promptly and the members are very interactive. Please strive for your best to improve it or you will turn away your loyal subscribers.

wilsonkwan
New in Town

No Lessons for Advanced Level

Postby wilsonkwan » June 29th, 2011 4:15 pm

I'm a Premium Member of Thaipod101 and Japanesepod101. It's been a long time that I have not studied Advanced Thai for months although I've paid up for a 2-year contract.

May I know when will you resume the lessons or should I claim for a refund due to lacking of appropriate studying materials? I'm not sure if I will continue to subscribe to it as there are no appropriate lessons for me; not even having Intermediate Level for the learners.

I think Japanesepod101 is very successful because they are more responsive and they provide a full range of levels for the learners to choose from. Even if the subscribers have queries with the lessons, they can answer them promptly and the members are very interactive. Please strive for your best to improve it or you will turn away your loyal subscribers.

amaliemortensen
New in Town

Postby amaliemortensen » July 12th, 2011 8:53 am

Dear all,

Thank you very much for all your comments!

We're afraid it's not possible to tell when the Advanced lessons will be resumed.

Our management team is well aware of this matter and also of the high demand for an Intermediate series, but for now the future plans have not yet been made.

This season we can offer you Absolute Beginner Season 2, Beginner Season 1, Learn with Pictures Season 1, and more Survival Phrases.

We deeply apologize for not being able to fulfill your wishes at the moment.

ozypete5424
New in Town

Where are the new lessons?

Postby ozypete5424 » September 9th, 2011 2:32 am

I paid for a 2 year premium contract also. I have been very patient waiting for beginner, intermediated and new advanced lessons. Now Im not happy with this service, how can you start something and take peoples money then just say "sorry we dont know when the new lessons will come"..Thats not good enough and very unprofessional.

How can I get my money back???

Peter

Return to “Thai Lesson Suggestions”