Start Learning Thai in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Pronunciation and missing lessons

richter.werner_19281
New in Town

Pronunciation and missing lessons

Postby richter.werner_19281 » December 26th, 2017 10:26 am

In lesson 53 in Thai survival the question What time is it already? confuses me.
The pdf file states dtaawn nii, but the mp3 pronounces it as something like "baan nii". How do you get a b sound from a d?

Also, I saw 25 Top Thai Questions that I started to work through, but only found lessons 1-4, 13 and 16. Now when I log on there is not even an indication of the 25 Questions?

Yours faithfully,
Werner Richter.

community.thai
Been Around a Bit

Re: Pronunciation and missing lessons

Postby community.thai » December 31st, 2017 5:47 am

Hello Werner,

Thank you very much for your comment and questions. "dtaawn níi gìi-moong láaeo khráp" it pronounce with "dt" so the sound is between the "d" and "t" She said it right in the audio. Have a Thai person you know say it to you if you have a chance, if not then we have other lesson where you will here the word "dtaaawn" again and compare them to what you heard in this lesson. In Top 25 Thai questions, have all 25 questions in them here: https://www.thaipod101.com/index.php?cat=32
Hope that’s help. Please feel free to ask if you need any future help. I will be glad to help you. We wish you have a good progress with Thai language.Thanks again for your support.

Have a nice day.

Parisa
Team ThaiPod101.com
Get 40% OFF

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning Thai”