Start Learning Thai in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Would it be possible to have all examples spoken by a native speaker?

davids
New in Town

Would it be possible to have all examples spoken by a native speaker?

Postby davids » December 15th, 2017 12:00 am

Hello! I really enjoy this site and have been having a ton of fun learning to speak and understand Thai. I'm hesitant to make this request because I don't at all want it to be interpreted as a personal attack on an individual. However, it's important, so I'll just go ahead and say it:

I'm really impressed that Ryan can speak Thai. However, his pronunciation is obviously not native and I have found myself many times wishing that the examples (at least the individual sentences in the dialogue section) were ALL spoken by a native Thai speaker. Why? Because a foreigner shouldn't learn a language from another foreigner who speaks non-natively. I remember living in Hong Kong, and what I noticed was that, though many Hong Kongers and Singaporeans spoke English quite well, they tended to reinforce and normalize each other's mistakes. One might choose to interpret this as the birth of a new dialect, but I'd prefer not to speak farang Thai. Rather, my aim is to speak as close to native Thai as is possible.

Again, this isn't an attack on Ryan. I've got great respect for anyone who takes the time and effort to learn a foreign language. I just feel like (especially since I'm paying for this service) that I should learn to speak correctly from a native speaker.

community.thai
Been Around a Bit

Re: Would it be possible to have all examples spoken by a native speaker?

Postby community.thai » December 19th, 2017 3:27 pm

Hello,

We really appreciate your suggestion. I really understand you. I already suggest out team if we can re make line by line audio by using Thai native speaker. It's not easy but we will see what our team will come up with. Please let me know if you have any future questions. I will be glad to help you. We wish you have a good progress with Thai.

Thaks again and hope you have a good day.

Parisa
Team ThaiPod101.com

Join by May 6th
brigydon1_19285
New in Town

Re: Would it be possible to have all examples spoken by a native speaker?

Postby brigydon1_19285 » January 15th, 2018 9:26 am

Hello! I really enjoy this site and have been having a ton of fun learning to speak and understand Thai. I'm hesitant to make this request because I don't at all want it to be interpreted as a personal attack on an individual. However, it's important, so I'll just go ahead and say it:

I'm really impressed that Ryan can speak Thai. However, his pronunciation is obviously not native and I have found myself many times wishing that the examples (at least the individual sentences in the dialogue section) were ALL spoken by a native Thai speaker. Why? Because a foreigner shouldn't learn a language from another foreigner who speaks non-natively. I remember living in Hong Kong, and what I noticed was that, though many Hong Kongers and Singaporeans spoke English quite well, they tended to reinforce and normalize each other's mistakes. One might choose to interpret this as the birth of a new dialect, but I'd prefer not to speak farang Thai. Rather, my aim is to speak as close to native Thai as is possible.

Again, this isn't an attack on Ryan. I've got great respect for anyone who takes the time and effort to learn a foreign language. I just feel like (especially since I'm paying for this service) that I should learn to speak correctly from a native speaker.

Good point David. I agree wholeheartedly

Return to “Thai Lesson Suggestions”